Get out and support the arts this weekend!
The xtra size erfahrungen Callanwolde Arts Festival is a two-day indoor festival(Jan. 20th and 21st) located in one of the most distinctive historic properties in Atlanta, this event promises to become one of the premier partnerships of art institutions in the area. It is a festival for Artists by Artists, letting the artist have a voice in the creation and operations of the festival. This event will feature approximately 86 painters, photographers, sculptors, metalwork, glass artists, jewelers and more! The Festival will also offer artist demonstrations, live acoustic music, plus gourmet food trucks with healthy alternatives and music and dance performances. The Callanwolde Arts Festival is organized by the Atlanta Foundation for Public Spaces, LLC and a board of experts in various artistic disciplines. The festival will uphold the highest standards supporting the arts, and offer participating artists the environment to nurture an appreciation for their skills.
Head north of the city to see fall leaves at their peak
and check out some of these events while you are out and about!
- IrishFest Atlanta November 3 – 4 has traditional evening concerts, workshops, children’s activities, a Friday buffet, and a Saturday dance at DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody.
- HemlockFest November 3 – 5 near Dahlonega. Enjoy music, arts & crafts, camping, and canoeing at this eco-friendly event.
- Atlanta Ultimate Women’s Expo [website has sound] November 4 – 5 features keynote speakers, shopping, classes, and a beauty lounge at Georgia World Congress Center.
- Chastain Park Arts Festival at Chastain Park November 4 – 5. See the work of 185 artists, hear local acoustic musicians, and visit food vendors. Free.
- Book Festival of the MJCCA November 4 – 20. Billed as the South’s premier literary event it includes author book signings, a community read, panel discussions, family events, and book sales in Dunwoody.
There is so much going on this weekend, it’s hard to know where to begin! There is truly something for everyone!
- Wire & Wood Songwriters Festival October 6 – 7, 2017 Nationally recognized singer-songwriters will gather together to perform their original songs giving music lovers a behind-the-scenes look at the stories that inspired country, rock, blues, Americana and bluegrass songs. Attendees will experience nationally recognized veteran songsmiths and local up-and-coming talent as music fills the streets of downtown Alpharetta. Free on Friday and for children 12 and younger. You can bring chairs.
- Atlanta Grilled Cheese Festival, October 7, 2017 (12 to 6 p.m.) Buy $2 to $3 samples from competing restaurants and vote for your favorites at with “food trucks, brews, live local music, and all kinds of contests and activities” at Historic Fourth Ward Skatepark for age 21+.
- A ticket to Edgewood Mac and Cheese Festival (October 7, 2017 ) gets you unlimited samples of mac & cheese from local restaurants, with music by local bands at Walker Park. No pets.
- Atlanta Chili Cook Off, October 7, 2017 (1 p.m., VIP noon) Buy a wristband to taste chili (spicy, mild, chicken, beef, vegetarian) and stew from 75 teams, and then vote for your favorite! With live music and beer & wine for sale at Brookhaven Park.
- Great Atlanta Beer Fest, October 7, 2017 Sample 150 beers, cider, and winewhich includes live music, football on big TVs, and food for sale at SunTrust Park.
- Destination East Point October 7, 2017 (1 to 7 p.m.) features live entertainment, acrobats, artists, and food vendors in downtown East Point. Free.
- Norcross Art Splash October 7 – 8, 2017 features entertainers, food vendors, and 140 artists selling folk art, ceramics, paintings, photography, sculpture, and jewelry. Free.
- LakeFest October 7 – 8, 2017 offers local music, arts and crafts, a sand sculpting contest, food vendors, a closing parade of boats, and a sandy beach in friendly Pine Lake. Free.
- Atlanta Warbird Weekend October 7 – 8, 2017 See World War II era aircraft, meet veterans, watch reenactments, and buy a rideat DeKalb Peachtree Airport. Free entry.
- Madison Avenue Soapbox Derby, Bring a chair to watch 100 drivers compete in the with food vendors, a bake sale, a beer tent, and live music. Cars are judged at noon, and races are 1 to 4 p.m. on Madison Avenue at Johnston Place in Decatur. Free.